Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Inspiration

Sometimes when you least expect it, and maybe when you aren't even looking for it, inspiration comes from the most wondrous places.  So much in the world inspires me in small but vivid ways.  A ripple of sharing is what has inspired me today.
My daughter Natalie is a talented and gifted photographer.  No parental bias...well, maybe a little.  Seriously, she has a perspective and an eye that just amaze me.  The simplest items or actions, caught in a split-second, gain life and meaning when she views them through her lens. The beauty that we know exists in each and every human being glows and vibrates through her lens.  The world gains little shooting stars when her photos are displayed.  Just remarkable.
My husband Rick, a man of many talents and gifts himself, has added blogger to his long list of accomplishments.  His work is a thought-provoking melting pot of art and knowledge, science and beauty.  As he has gathered art for his blog, he has reached out to Natalie, who has been contributing her brilliant photographs to Rick's blog posts. It has been a wonderful partnership; warms my heart for sure.
By reaching out to Natalie, including her art in his blog and opening new eyes to Natalie's work as well as his own, he has reminded Natalie of her passion for creating her art.  Today as I visited Facebook, I saw that Natalie has a new blog called eyes open.  I, not one to enjoy being called a follower, became the first to follow...if I actually did it right!
As I completed this process, I was directly reminded that I myself began a blog quite awhile ago, called The Ripple.  Until now, I had not posted.  At all.
THAT'S the ripple.  THAT'S how things go.  They start with one little motion, and they grow. One action begets another.  As those two motions break off, they intersect with others.  Until the people I love reached out to one another in collaboration, setting off ripples in many directions, I was not inspired to post. But the ripples Rick and Natalie set into motion reached me and my eyes were opened!  I LOVE this stuff!
The next time you are inspired, take a few minutes and see if you can trace back the ripples.  You never know where your inspiration may come from.  You never know how your actions may inspire someone else.  And if that someone is someone you love, well, it doesn't get better than that.

2 comments: