Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Guest Blogger!

Dear Millie,

It has been over a week since I saw you for the last time.  When my lady took me out to pee, I was so happy to see you!  I'm sorry that I got so excited...you know I have that tendency to jump all over you, tangle up our leashes and squish you a little bit. But you are so tiny!  I can't help it that I've been growing so much.  And also my people are pretty calm.  I mean there's the occasional apartment tennis game or when my people clap their hands and I run the combine through the living room, but other than that, it gets kinda boring and I get excited to see another of my own species.  You know what I mean right?
How do you like living in San Antonio?  Too bad you have the Spurs and we have the Mavericks.  Do you still use the little crate I gave you or do you have a lot of room to run around in the country now?  I don't think I have ever been to San Antonio but I know for a fact that I love to run around.  I hope you meet some other cool dogs at your new home. Maybe a big strapping Mastiff! Or, maybe not.
Did you see that new leash I was wearing? My man got it for me. Honestly Millie, tell me what you think!  When he brought it home, my lady laughed!  Did you think it was silly?  I am growing up after all.  Should I have a leash that has a string of faux hot dogs on it?  With all the "Weiner" jokes on the internet from that dumb politics man, I don't know if I should be making such a statement, you know?  My man thinks it's funny, I know it.  He told my lady it distracts me from chewing on my leash, which, as you know, is virtually impossible. I guess it's not too bad though.  The Fake Franks give me something to nibble on while my man gets his shoes on. That can take awhile!  He won't let me chew those for sure.  He talks about 'vibrams' and 'barefeet' all the time, whatever that means.  But with the landmines other people's dogs leave behind at our apartment, he needs some kind of shoes, right?  Not that you or I ever left any messes around! LOL!
My lady came home the other day with shopping bags.  She NEVER goes shopping!  My man brings me things most of the time.  So I didn't get my hopes up but suddenly there was a familiar squeak!  She bought me a soft squeaker toy!  It was (yes, was...I have already very effectively destroyed it!) a small brown animal that looked like a cross between a dog and a porcupine.  VERY tasty and such a gratifying noise! White fluffy stuffing everywhere!! LOVED it!  Not only that though, she finally bought me REAL bowls for my food and water.  I mean, what? I've been here for like 8 months!  Don't you think it was about time for that?  Using the green people bowls they use for their weird food was a little humiliating.  Be thankful you never had to see that.  But the new bowls are gorgeous!  Light blue and brown, ceramic, big enough for my jowly snout! When my lady put them down on the floor I went right over to check them out. What a surprise I got when I saw that there was a biscuit at the bottom of the water bowl!  Ooooh, it looked so good, but Millie, I tell you, I almost drowned trying to get to that bone!  My man and lady laughed and laughed until I realized the joke was on me...the bone is part of the bowl!  Embarrassing!  I did get some satisfaction from the fact that I made an enormous puddle on the kitchen floor that my lady had to mop up.  With MY yellow towel.  Oh, well I guess it's the thought that counts.
Well, I'd better get going. I have a lot going on today...I see that I have some fuzz still left on one of my tennis balls, gotta get to that.  Then I have an important date with the cool tile floor in the kitchen. It's been over over 100 degrees for days here; I can only imagine how hot it is in San Antonio!  And after I spend awhile looking out the window at the parking lot, I think I'm going to get a Kong filled with almond butter and cookies.  No, Millie, of course not the people kind, she only makes those for people!  I have my own.
I miss you already!  Try hard not to make a mess in the living room like that last time I saw you!  Oh, boy was your lady mad!

Chow!  Haha!

Love, Bella Merriam

PS  Here is a recent picture of me destroying a squeaky chicken. With the dumb faces they put on these toys, who wouldn't want to chew them off?! BTW,  those green bones my people get me are really keeping my teeth white aren't they?

PPS.  One thing you can be grateful for...since you moved you don't have to deal with that Basset Hound in the next building...she is not very friendly! And with how looooong it takes her to go around a corner, you think she'd be a little more humble!

No comments:

Post a Comment